THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
Location – Washington DC
Kenjya-Trusant is seeking a candidate to fill the role of Senior Program Officer to support the South and Central Asia (SCA) Academic Exchange Programs Branch in the Office of Academic Exchanges of the Office of Academic Programs.
- Keeping abreast of all relevant academic exchange activities within countries of responsibility, especially developments with the potential to adversely impact exchange activities;
- Devising or modifying programs to meet changing political situations and educational needs;
- Developing and maintaining liaisons with all stakeholders to build effective relationships in support of ECA strategic goal of promoting international understanding;
- Preparing briefing papers, memoranda, talking points, speeches, and other documents on exchange activities and providing support to management;
- Establishing and monitoring country program budgets according to DOS financial management standards;
- Monitoring, evaluating, and reporting on country programs and budgets;
- Reviewing and forwarding Fulbright candidates to the Fulbright Scholarship Board (FSB);
- Representing ECA at workshops, orientations, and at meetings with government representatives, implementing partners, and the public.
- Education and work experience related to international cultural or educational exchanges, and/or other types of international study, programming including planning supporting activities such as enrichment and orientation programs.
- Experience with U.S. government and State Department administrative policies and procedures as they pertain to financial, grants, procurement, and operational management of international exchange programs.
- Ability to interact with all nationalities in a culturally sensitive manner.
Ability to work with database applications.
Demonstrated skills or knowledge of global internet access and research capabilities. Experience in program administration, operating procedures, oversight and monitoring.
- Facility with standard software, including the complete Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, SharePoint), and an ability to learn and work with other software, as well as database applications.
- Excellent, timely and precise organizational skills and multi-tasking abilities. Excellent critical and creative thinking and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to maintain effective liaison with other Department of State offices, Fulbright Commission and Embassy colleagues, program partners, and other entities involved in academic exchange programs.
- Excellent ability to work independently, with minimal supervision, and multi-task in a high volume, fast-pace work environment.
- Excellent ability to also have a flexible, team-oriented approach to work.
Excellent ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues.
- Significant familiarity or direct experience in international educational and cultural exchanges, or other types of international programming or activities.
- Significant familiarity or direct experience in working for U.S. foreign affairs agencies and/or international organizations.
- Significant familiarity or direct experience in working for the Department and ECA.
- Knowledge of legislative authorities governing ECA grants administration, as well as ECA grants procedures and program monitoring, is highly desirable.
- Foreign language skills (preferred but not required)
- 3 years professional experience
- Bachelor Degree (Master Level Degree Preferred)
Clearance Requirement – SECRET
Please note all candidates are required to provide the previous five (5) years of employment history as well as their most recent paystub for the purpose of salary verification.
How to Apply
Apply at http://jobs.trusant.com/index.php?m=portal&a=details&jobOrderID=8092597&portalID=23865
Deadline – Deadline: N/A