The Charles Koch Institute is an educational organization focused on the importance of free societies and how they increase well-being for the overwhelming majority of people. Through the Institute’s professional education, research, and training programs, we work to prepare professionals for careers that improve well-being by advancing free societies.
For more than two decades, Charles G. Koch has given professionals and students the opportunity to turn their passion for liberty into careers through professional education programs. These opportunities have expanded to include the Koch Associate Program, Koch Fellow Program: Communications, Koch Fellow Program: Policy, Koch Internship Program, and Liberty@Work®. During 2014, approximately 350 people completed one of the programs and there are currently more than 2,500 alumni.
Location - 1320 N. Courthouse Road Arlington, VA 22201
The Charles Koch Institute’s policy team seeks an experienced senior policy and research analyst to join their efforts in driving research, analysis, and development of products including policy publications, blogs and op-eds. This is an opportunity to contribute to a national conversation on important issues such as, Cronyism and Corporate Welfare, Technology and Innovation, Toleration and Free Speech, as well as other policies consistent with a free society.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Drive policy research and analysis and contribute to materials for internal distribution and external publication on key issues related to free-societies and well-being
• Supervise and develop junior policy staff, provide direction and feedback on work product, and general research assignments
• Identify strategic opportunities for policy investments and review grant proposals
• Support educational programs by identifying curriculum and providing content and instruction
Qualifications and Requirements:
• 4 to 6 years of experience as a policy analyst, or closely related role
• BA required, MA preferred; economics, political science or related field preferred
• Strong analytical and writing skills
• Solid presentation skills
• Demonstrate high initiative with the ability to work independently
• Expert knowledge working with Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Solid understanding of and passion for economic freedom and a desire to advance free societies and promote well-being
• All candidates will be required to submit writing samples and a C.V. or list of their publications. Examples include substantive research papers, articles and op-eds
How to Apply - http://careers.charleskochinstitute.org/CareerDetailCKI?id=a1PC0000003amvaMAA
Deadline - Open until filled