Asia Society is the leading educational organization dedicated to promoting mutual understanding and strengthening partnerships among peoples, leaders and institutions of Asia and the United States in a global context. Across the fields of arts, business, culture, education, and policy, the Society provides insight, generates ideas, and promotes collaboration to address present challenges and create a shared future.
Founded in 1956 by John D. Rockefeller 3rd, Asia Society is a nonpartisan, nonprofit institution with major centers and public buildings in New York, Hong Kong and Houston, and offices in Los Angeles, Manila, Mumbai, San Francisco, Seoul, Shanghai, Sydney, Washington, DC and Zurich.
The Operations and Strategy Coordinator works to support and systematize the Asia Society Policy Institute’s operations and strategic external engagement. This role also provides events coordinating support and drafts documents on all-of-ASPI initiatives and efforts for internal and external use.
Location – New York, NY
• Assist in the development of, and maintain and implement the systems and procedures to ensure timely and efficient administrative workflow in areas including contact management, billing, stewardship, gift processing, procurement, and partnership tracking. With this, the Operations and Strategy Coordinator will engage in the following:
o Maintain the NYC office of the Institute’s contact database and mailing lists
o Build and maintain knowledge of ASPI’s partners and overall network; Assist the Executive Director and senior staff in the stewardship of these partnerships
o Process and track invoices, reimbursements, and money owed; Assist the Executive Director in reconciling expenditures
o Maintain electronic and/or hard-copy files related to institutional history and development; Maintain templates of strategic or institutional documents
o Maintain calendars of (A) upcoming ASPI events and communications; and (B) internal deadlines for deliverables related to institutional items such as (1) board, ASPI council, and quarterly strategy meetings, (2) budget development, (3) fiscal year closing
• Coordinate private and public events and meetings, including but not limited to corresponding with participants, booking facilities and speaker arrangements, securing catering, building targeted invitation lists, drafting and distributing invitations, collecting/tracking RSVPs, and sending attendee confirmation emails.
• Provide strategy support to ASPI: draft outlines, bullet points, and documents focused on institutional and strategic development for board and council meetings; draft consultant, partnership, and pledge agreements.
• Draft and design the ASPI monthly e-newsletter.
• Provide operational support to the Executive Director and department, including coordinating and preparing for internal and external meetings, creating agendas, processing and tracking expenses and grants, and maintaining supplies and subscriptions.
• Liaise with ASPI’s DC office and other ASPI senior staff on programs, activities, and events.
• Serve as a first point of contact for internal and external requests; Review, respond to, or reassign email sent to the ASPI general inbox, as well as incoming phone calls/messages.
• Other duties as assigned.
• College degree required, with two to three years of related work experience;
• Demonstrated interest in external relations, operational and strategy support, international relations, and/or Asia;
• Must be able to coordinate a variety of tasks simultaneously and consistently follow up on details;
• Highly organized, with strong attention to detail and an entrepreneurial spirit;
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, including proofreading, and editing skills, and ability to research information and present it concisely;
• Resourcefulness, with an orientation to measurable results;
• Strong ability to interact across time zones and with diverse constituencies, including experts, trustees, funders/donors, and all levels of staff with tact and good judgment;
• Excellent computer skills. Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook); knowledge of Prezi and database software preferred; knowledge on Mailchimp or other e-marketing websites preferred
• Team player willing to assist where needed.
• Persuades others; builds consensus through give and take; gains cooperation from others to obtain information and accomplish goals
• Develops networks and builds alliances; collaborates across boundaries to build strategic relationships and achieve common goals
Professional and Results-Oriented:
• Seeks to consistently produce results that achieve goals and objectives
• Conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments and observing deadlines
• Able to work independently with minimum supervision
• Good judgment, tact and discretion
• Ability to translate ideas into action
Collaboration and Teamwork:
• Excellent skills in communicating with people from different cultures, backgrounds, and across time zones
• Works with others towards common purposes to achieve shared goals by developing and maintaining responsive, cooperative and mutually beneficial internal and external relationships
• Acts as a global facilitator to have conversations, exchange ideas and build understanding
• Identifies new and creative ways to solve problems and improve processes to add value to the organization and constituencies (could be through technology or introducing new ways of thinking)
• Uses technology for impact, reach and efficiency, such as through social media, databases, etc.
• Professional competencies in the related field of work
• Recognizes trends in theory and practice of one’s own technical area and effectively prepares for anticipated changes
How to Apply
Please email your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com Indicate job title and reference code 1721 in the subject line. Resumes without cover letters will not be accepted. No phone calls, please. Only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Please regard your resume as having been received unless your email is bounced back.
Deadline – N/A