Pencils of Promise (PoP) is an international education non-profit organization. PoP believes every child should have access to quality education, and creates schools, programs, and global communities around the common goal of education for all. Since its founding in October 2008, Pencils of Promise has broken ground on over 300 schools in Guatemala, Ghana, Laos and Nicaragua and has provided quality education to over 30,000 children living in these areas.
PoP is seeking an Impact Manager, Foundation Partnerships to join the organization's Impact Team in New York. the Manager will report to the Chief Impact Officer and be responsible for cultivating and securing new five, six and seven figure partnerships, stewarding the organization's current foundation partnerships and working with global teams to report on grants.
This is an ideal opportunity for an individual who is committed to international education and is eager to help PoP expand its global programs and impact more students through multi-year grants.
Location – New York, NY
• Working with the Chief Impact Officer, responsible for hitting quarterly and annual foundation revenue goals, currently totalling over $1.1M annually, with annual growth rates of at least 20%
• Cultivate and secure new five, six and seven figure multi-year grants by identifying partners, writing grant proposals and creating project budgets
• Conduct prospecting research to grow and manage a pipeline of 100+ prospective domestic and international foundation partners (pipeline managed in Salesforce)
• Steward the organization's current foundation partnerships
• Write and submit grant reports for current and future partners and manage grants reporting calendar
• Project manager getting data, financials, media, stories, etc. from global teams for reports
• Track progress against annual and quarterly targets for identifying and cultivating new foundation prospects
• Help craft the organization's external messaging around its theory of change, partnership approach, programs and results
• Manage organizational profiles on external websites used for vetting by various partners (Guidestar, Better Business Bureau, etc.)
• Proven track record in securing large, multi-year grants from foundations and reporting on grants
• Have a deep network of foundation partners
• 5+ years of experience working in international education, international development or a related field
• Background in grant writing and reporting
• Experience building and maintaining foundation and/or institutional relationships; proven track working on contracts with large foundation funders and/or experience working on public-private partnerships
• Experience working with international partners and background in project management gained on a programs team and/or in a "field" office context
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Understanding of financial reporting; experience creating multi-year program/project budgets preferred
• Extreme attention to detail
• Ability to work against strict deadlines, work on own initiative and prioritize multiple projects at once
• A highly collaborative professional with the ability to work across multiple teams
• Knowledge of CRM database; familiarity with Salesforce preferred
• Ability to and comfort with travel to the developing world at least twice per year
• A passion for global literacy education
How to Apply
Please apply online: https://pencilsofpromise.org/jobs/impact-manager-foundation-partnerships/.
Deadline – N/A