Asia Society is the leading educational organization dedicated to promoting mutual understanding and strengthening partnerships among peoples, leaders and institutions of Asia and the United States in a global context. Across the fields of arts, business, culture, education, and policy, the Society provides insight, generates ideas, and promotes collaboration to address present challenges and create a shared future.
Founded in 1956 by John D. Rockefeller 3rd, Asia Society is a nonpartisan, nonprofit institution with headquarters in New York, centers in Hong Kong and Houston, and offices in Los Angeles, Manila, Mumbai, San Francisco, Seoul, Shanghai, Sydney, Washington, DC and Zurich.
Location – 725 Park Avenue, New York, NY 10021
The Communications and Marketing Manager (Grade 5) – Code 1607 is responsible for dynamically executing Asia Society marketing outreach and advertising focusing on its New York presence and programming in addition to global initiatives and efforts. The Communications and Marketing Manager liaises with various Asia Society departments—including the Museum, New York program staff, AsiaStore, and fundraising/membership—to plan and implement marketing campaigns and activities aimed at generating visitation, program attendance, visitor engagement and membership. The position develops online and social media strategies, establishes and maintains institutional marketing partnerships, and project manages designed marketing materials including Asia Society’s printed bimonthly events brochure.
- Executes Asia Society's ad planning and production, media buys and other marketing activities.
- Keeps abreast of digital marketing avenues and finds creative ways to be promotional in the digital and social media space.
- Seeks out new audiences for and avenues through which to promote Asia Society Museum and NY programming, especially amongst arts, policy, business and Asian American organizations in the tri-state area.
- Fosters and maintains institutional relationships and partnerships with NYC cultural, networking, community and other peer organizations.
- Manages workflow and production of the printed bimonthly events calendar, working closely with multiple departments for scheduling, editing, text and design reviews, and mail house coordination.
- Hires event and program photographers, processing images and tracking invoices. Works with graphic designers on scheduling and implementing promotional materials.
- Schedules and implements building signage for Asia Society Museum, AsiaStore and Garden Court Café, and institutional/directional signage.
- Liaises with outside vendors, processes invoices, and monitors marketing budgets.
- Other duties as assigned.
- College degree with 4-5 years professional communications and marketing experience preferred.
- Highly motivated, poised and collaborative individual with strong organizational and multi-tasking skills necessary to succeed in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to work proactively and collaboratively with various departments to ensure projects are completed on deadline and within budget.
- Excellent promotional writing, editing and verbal skills.
- Demonstrated facility with social media outreach, and an interest in creative marketing essential, as is a strong sense of design and focus on detail.
- Interest or experience in Asia is a must, as are flexibility and a collegial work attitude. Nonprofit experience and/or events marketing background strongly preferred.
- Professionalism: Professional competencies in the related field of work; conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; able to work independently with minimum supervision; ability to operate in compliance with organizational policies; good judgment, tact and discretion;
- Planning and Organizing: Ability to plan and organize own work in accordance and alignment to organizational and departmental goals; excellent organizational skills;
- Communication: Skilled in communicating with people from different backgrounds;
- Teamwork and collaboration: Excellent interpersonal skills; flexibility and demonstrated ability to work in a multicultural environment;
- Technological Awareness: Ability to apply technological tools relevant to the job and to keep abreast of developments in the profession;
- Client Orientation: Skillful in identifying internal and external clients’ needs; establishing and maintaining effective relationships with internal and external partners and stakeholders;
- Decision Making: Ability to make sound and timely decisions.
How to Apply
For positions in New York, please email your cover letter and resume indicating position reference code and salary requirements to: email@example.com. Indicate job title and job code in the subject line. Resumes without cover letters will not be accepted. No phone calls, please. Only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Please regard your resume as having been received unless your email is bounced back
Deadline – N/A