The Ford Foundation was established by Edsel Ford in 1936, with an initial gift of $25,000. Today, we are stewards of a $12 billion endowment. Over the past 80 years our social justice mission and vision have guided us through transformations in the foundation, the communities we serve, and the world at large.
Across eight decades, our mission has been to reduce poverty and injustice, strengthen democratic values, promote international cooperation, and advance human achievement.
Location – 320 East 43rd Street, New York, NY 10017
The Program Associate works as part of a team of program staff that strategically seeks opportunities for cross program collaboration and integration of the Ford Foundation’s work in the United States. Reporting to the Vice President for Economic Opportunities and Markets, the Program Associate serves as a conduit for learning and innovation across programmatic teams.
The Program Associate will help to identify trends and opportunities in our work, and with the assistance of program staff, seed new projects as a result of that work. S/he will efficiently and effectively mine and communicate data analysis across teams, to inform and support decision making.
- Bachelor’s degree and US-relevant knowledge and experience, for e.g., familiarity with U.S. domestic policy, politics, cultural and demographic change, preferably through training as well as two years or more of relevant work experience. Graduate degree strongly preferred
- Experience applying an inequality perspective to social justice issues
- Strong proficiency with research, data collection, review, analysis, documentation and reporting applications, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Databases
- Exceptional organizational and communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in multi-faceted, team-oriented environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills, time management skills, and ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to be a productive member of a community of people at work, respecting differences while working toward shared goals, comfort with periods of ambiguity, and constructive participation in ongoing organizational development
- Close attention to detail and accuracy; personal initiative; reliability, flexibility and follow-up
- Proficiency using standard office software and demonstrated skill with web research tools
- Graduate degree in law, public policy, planning, education, management, social sciences or other applicable fields
- Substantive experience with subjects related to the foundation’s work
- Experience working in a multidisciplinary environment
- Experience working with grassroots organizations
Alignment to the Mission and Culture of the Ford Foundation
- Commitment to the Foundation’s mission and core values of equity, fairness and diversity
- Personal qualities of humility, capacity for self-reflection, and a sense of humor
- Discretion and ability to handle confidential issues
- Action-orientated and entrepreneurial self-starter who can work well independently and in teams
How to Apply
Please apply at https://www.fordfoundation.org/careers/job-application/?id=3465
Deadline – N/A