Equal Access is an international not for profit organization (501c3), headquartered in San Francisco and working throughout Asia, Africa and the Middle East. A communications for social change organization that combines the power of media with community mobilization, Equal Access creates customized communications strategies and outreach solutions that address the most critical challenges affecting people in the developing world such as women & girls’ empowerment, youth life skills & livelihoods, human rights, health and civic participation & governance.
Location – San Francisco
Equal Access International (www.equalaccess.org) seeks a San Francisco-based Program Manager for our growing Africa portfolio. The Program Manager is responsible for management of field programs in Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Chad, Nigeria, and/or Nigeria. Management of additional projects elsewhere in Africa may be added. He/she will ensure high quality program delivery and lead local staff in expansion and/or innovation around existing, planned, and new activities.
- Advance and develop Equal Access’s programming in West Africa, specifically in Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Chad, Niger, and Nigeria.
- Support business development efforts in Africa, primarily Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Chad, Niger, and Nigeria, including both contributing to and leading new proposal development.
- Design, plan and assess innovative behavior change media projects, managing activity delivery
- Supervise field-based Country Directors; advise and support their management of their country teams, including human resource administration in program countries.
- Supervise junior HQ-based program staff.
- Ensure compliance with USAID, State Department and other donor rules and regulations.
- Develop work plans/GANTT charts, project frameworks and M&E plans; ensure that technical activities are implemented on time and within the allocated budget and scope of work.
- Deliver high quality quarterly reports and other reporting/M&E requirements; ensure that M&E data is regularly collected and documented to a DQA standard.
- Implement sustainable solutions to address program vulnerabilities and risks.
- At least 5 years’ experience in international development. Ideally, such experience would include at least 1 year based in Africa and at least 2 years in an international NGO headquarters environment or similar program support role.
- 2-3 years’ experience managing international development programs focused on Africa or supporting them from a headquarters or regional office.
- Ability to commit to the mission and vision of Equal Access (available at www.equalaccess.org)
- Financial, administrative, and strong budget management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree required (Master’s degree strongly preferred) in relevant technical competency area or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Experience with M&E, work planning, donor reporting and in administering sub-grants and other partner agreements within the international development sector.
- Experience in managing USAID and State Department cooperative agreements and contracts and/or working for USAID/State Department.
- Familiarity with USAID rules and regulations, including the Code of Federal Regulations (22 CFR), Federal Acquisition Regulations (FARs) and USAID’s Acquisition Regulations (AIDAR).
- Experience with non-USG donors, including the UN, DFID, the EU, SIDA, and others.
How to Apply
To apply, please send a cover letter indicating your reasons for interest in the position and a resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org with "Program Manager - Africa" in the subject line of the email.
Deadline - N/A