Established in 2007, Results for Development (R4D) is a Washington DC-based organization dedicated to accelerating social and economic progress in low and middle income countries. R4D creates real solutions to complex problems by incubating new models to address the unmet needs of the world’s poor. R4D brings to bear its depth of expertise, analytical rigor, extensive networks, and implementation experience to work on a broad and ambitious set of development issues -- improving health, governance, and education in poor countries and leveraging global markets for large-scale social gain.
Location – Washington DC
The R4D education team seeks fall and spring interns to contribute to content development for the CEI database. In particular, the intern will support the ongoing development of CEI program profiles for the Innovations Database, landscape resources for the Research and Evidence Library, as well as contribute to the development of topic pages for the CEI website. These topic pages will offer windows into the database of education innovations by focusing on a specific geographic or topical area.
- Provide research, analytical and writing assistance to support program profiling process for CEI (this includes reaching out to innovative education programs globally, conducting in-depth phone interviews with them, and collecting and writing up data into succinct CEI profiles).
- Landscape and collect resources related to international non-state education for the Research and Evidence Library (peer-reviewed literature, impact evaluations, systematic reviews, etc).
- Conduct research on key topic areas, aggregate related program data, and write content for topic pages.
- Contribute to the CEI communications efforts, including contributing to the CEI blog.
- Provide administrative support, as needed (for instance, assist in the coordination of R4D’s education events, manage the team’s documents, etc).
The intern will be exposed to a range of issues and topic areas in education, particularly in non-state global education, and will receive mentorship from various members of the Global Education team.
- Excellent writing, editing, presentation, and inter-personal skills; strong oral and written communication skills, including the ability to prepare compelling presentations and present data in a way that is easily understood.
- Experience and/or interest in producing analytic products, including conducting research and writing for reports and publications.
- Interest in quantitative data collection, management and analysis.
- High level of organization and attention to detail.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel; some experience with data extraction and analysis also valued.
- Ability to set priorities and handle competing time and resource demands.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Enthusiasm, energy, good judgment, and humor.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should apply by forwarding your resume, cover letter, and 2 writing samples to: email@example.com. Include 'CEI Intern' in the subject line. In addition to detailing your qualifications and interest, please also mention your start-date availability.
Deadline – N/A