The Hollings Center for International Dialogue is a non-profit, non-governmental organization dedicated to fostering dialogue between the United States and countries with predominantly Muslim populations in the Middle East, North Africa, South Asia, Eurasia and Europe. In pursuit of its mission, the Hollings Center convenes dialogue conferences that generate new thinking on important international issues and deepen channels of communication across opinion leaders and experts.
Location: Washington, DC
The Center is seeking an intern for Spring 2016 to assist with the organization's programmatic and administrative duties.
Hours: Flexible, although the ideal candidate would be available for about 16-24 hours per week and would be available to start mid-January 2016.
While the position is unpaid, the intern will be reimbursed for travel to and from the Hollings Center and provided with a small stipend to cover lunch.
- Monitor Middle Eastern, North African and Central Asian current events, ideally in Arabic or another regional language
- Contribute to programmatic research for the Center's 2016 activities
- Conduct foundation research for grant proposals
- Assist with preparations for upcoming Hollings Center events in D.C. and conference dialogues
- Attend DC events on behalf of the Hollings Center
- Help with updating and maintaining of Hollings Center website, database, and social media, including tracking metrics for
- Assist with office administrative tasks
- Strong interest in and knowledge of the Center's subject matter
- Excellent office skills
- Strong research skills
- Detail-oriented, organized, reliable, self-starter
- Regional language skills, especially Arabic, a plus
- Excellent knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Wordpress
How to Apply
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include your availability in your cover letter.
Deadline: n/a - position to start in mid-January