The World Food Programme is a leader in the global movement to achieve Zero Hunger. In 80 countries, our innovative hunger solutions are benefiting some 80 million people.
In emergencies, we get food to where it is needed, saving the lives of victims of war, civil conflict and natural disasters. After the cause of an emergency has passed, we use food to help communities rebuild their shattered lives.
WFP is part of the United Nations system and is voluntarily funded.
Born in 1961, WFP pursues a vision of the world in which every man, woman and child has access at all times to the food needed for an active and healthy life. We work towards that vision with our sister UN agencies in Rome -- the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) and the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) -- as well as other government, UN and NGO partners.
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is seeking to fill the position of Private Partnership Consultant, based at our New York City office. Length of contract, 11 months renewable.
The Private Partnerships Division (PGP) division is looking for a motivated individual to join our North American team to build on its growth strategy. The private sector is uniquely qualified to play a leadership role in ending hunger. Some of the largest and most respected brands in the world – such as MasterCard, PepsiCo and YUM! Brands – are helping achieve zero hunger by enabling WFP to strengthen operations, reach more people, fund lifesaving programs and build public support. They choose to partner with WFP because of WFP’s reach, scale and track record to create innovative partnerships that leverage their unique strengths and create lasting impact.
Location – New York, NY
- Identify new private sector prospects by leveraging fundraising networks and existing relationships with companies in key North American markets and contribute to the American growth strategy.
- Ensure renewal and supervision of a portfolio of partnerships, soliciting contributions, providing on-going stewardship and assessing results in order to maximise resourcing raised for WFP.
- Develop presentations and craft partnerships concepts in coordination with WFP technical units and field operations for potential partners and submit grant applications.
- Handle complex sales processes and help negotiate advantageous contributions.
- Manage select fundraising efforts and initiatives including, but not limited to cause-related marketing campaigns, emergency appeals and employee fundraising campaigns;
- Coach and provide guidance to junior staff
- Liaise with in-house services to ensure proper fund management, grant registrations and fulfilment of contractual obligations
- Help organise key events and meetings.
- Provide private sector partnership updates for WFP publications and website and draft communication plans as needed;
- Advanced University Degree in Business Administration, Management or Marketing or international relations (only if private sector/fundraising experience)
- At least 5 years’ experience in fundraising, marketing/sales and account management is essential. Knowledge of humanitarian/development sector a plus.
- Proven ability to meet fundraising targets;
- Excellent analytical, negotiation, communication and advocacy skills.
- Proven ability to conceptualize, develop, plan and manage sales processes.
- Ability to handle multiple projects/tasks within deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment and international organization is essential.
- Very good written and verbal communication skills in English language are a must.
- Computer skills in Office applications: proficiency in Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Fluency in oral and written English. Knowledge of a second UN language is desirable.
How to Apply
Please apply online: https://career012.successfactors.eu/career?career_ns=job_listing&company=C0000168410P&navBarLevel=JOB_SEARCH&rcm_site_locale=en_GB&career_job_req_id=57969.
Deadline – July 20, 2017