Recognized as a leader in the fight against malnutrition, Action Against Hunger saves the lives of malnourished children while providing communities with access to safe water and sustainable solutions to hunger. With more than 35 years of expertise in emergency situations of conflict, natural disaster, and chronic food insecurity, Action Against Hunger runs life-saving programs in over 45 countries.
Our 6,500+ professionals work to carry out innovative programs in nutrition, food security & livelihoods, and water, sanitation, & hygiene. Action Against Hunger's humanitarian programs directly assist over seven million people each year, along with countless others, through capacity building programs in collaboration with government ministries. Committed to principled humanitarian action, Action Against Hunger restores dignity, self-sufficiency, and independence to vulnerable populations around the world.
You'll contribute to ending world hunger by...
being responsible for researching, writing, and editing a broad range of communications assets; developing stories from concept through publication; producing collateral to support corporate partnerships and fundraising initiatives; and managing web content and social media. The ideal candidate works respectfully and diplomatically with diverse teams, is high energy and thrives under pressure, brings creativity and a sense of humor to work every day, and believes strongly in our mission.
Location – New York, NY
- Under supervision of Head of Communications, serving as primary writer and content producer
- Under supervision of and in collaboration with Head of Communications, serving as project manager for key digital and print communications
- Producing a range of communications assets, presentations, and marketing collateral to support external relations strategy
- Drafting op ed pieces, speeches, video scripts, talking points, fact sheets, press releases, and other material to support “issue positioning,” thought leadership, and media relations
- Managing, producing, and curating content for Action Against Hunger website (excluding fundraising platforms and features)
- Managing social media; producing and curating content for social media platforms
- Managing editorial calendar across print and digital channels
- Collaborating with digital and direct marketing team, partnerships team, events team, and major donors team on special campaigns and initiatives
- Supporting special projects (media outreach, campaigns, brand management, etc.) as needed
- Providing general writing and editorial support to field teams, senior management team, and other internal stakeholders as needed
You're a communication expert
- You have a Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism, marketing, or related discipline.
- You have a minimum of 5 years in communications or public relations, or some combination as a journalist and PR/communications practitioner, preferably with an international NGO or nonprofit.
- You have strong knowledge of international development and humanitarian work.
You’re able to produce exceptional written materials
- You have exceptional skills in professional writing, editing, story development.
- You have strong experience conceiving web features (multimedia) and writing and optimizing web content.
- You have experience producing communications tailored to a range of different target audiences. You have also demonstrated experience managing overall editorial calendar and ensuring all communications adhere to brand guidelines and editorial standards.
You have experience managing different tools and systems to support communication’s activities
- You have competency in PhotoShop, Google Analytics, and social media management tools such as Hootsuite and/or Buffer, TweetDeck.
- You are familiar with web content management systems such as Drupal and WordPress.
- You have experience with media monitoring/targeting tools such as Cision and/or Meltwater.
How to Apply
Please apply online at https://careers.actionagainsthunger.org/index.php/positions/view/454.
Deadline – N/A