The Population Council is an international, nonprofit, nongovernmental institution that seeks to improve the well-being and reproductive health of current and future generations around the world and to help achieve a humane, equitable, and sustainable balance between people and resources. The Council conducts biomedical, social science, and public health research and helps build research capacities in developing countries. Established in 1952, the Council is governed by an international board of trustees. Its New York headquarters supports a global network of country offices.
The Population Council confronts critical health and development issues – from stopping the spread of HIV to improving reproductive health and ensuring that young people lead full and productive lives. Through biomedical, social science and public health research in 50 countries, we work with our partners to deliver solutions that lead to more effective policies, programs and technologies that improve lives around the world.
The Communications Specialist, Digital is responsible for developing and implementing strategies to increase the Council’s online visibility and influence through its website, newsletters and social media channels. This includes setting goals and targets, writing, editing and updating content, developing editorial calendars, and working with internal and external partners. The ideal candidate has a track record of developing successful online communications campaigns, is enthusiastic and hard-working, has excellent oral, written, interpersonal and organizational skills, experience with social media and web analytics, and 3-5 years related experience. The CS-D reports to the Communications Director.
Location – New York, NY
- Works with members of the external relations team to set strategic online goals; develops and implements digital campaigns and strategies across email, web, multimedia and social media platforms.
- Develops and leads annual review and update for website; works with communications team to ensure current high-quality written content across the platform.
- Works with communications team to set standards and criteria for website content.
- Works with philanthropy team to use online strategy to support fundraising goals.
- Develops and manages editorial calendar for website and newsletters; writes content.
- Maintains and updates the Council’s email lists and identify opportunities to grow lists.
- Tracks, gathers, and analyzes user data; explores opportunities to increase website traffic, social media presence, newsletter readership, and online giving.
- Works closely with communications team to monitor media and social media and make recommendations for engagement.
- Creates ideas to maximize Google grants portfolio and online ad buys.
- Serves as point of contact for digital vendors.
- Leads web communications training workshops for staff and supports senior leadership with social accounts.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 3-5 years related experience.
- Proven track record of implementing successful online communications tactics for comparable programs or organizations.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal skills; superior attention to detail.
- Ability to think strategically, set priorities and manage concurrent projects, handle pressure, manage time effectively, exercise independent judgment and assume responsibility for seeing projects through to timely and successful completion.
- Self-motivated; willingness to work independently and as part of a team.
- Knowledge and familiarity with web writing and other content development for the Internet.
- Ability to keep up with technology in quickly changing environment.
- Experience in a nonprofit environment and demonstrated interest in international development.
- Willingness to travel – domestic and international (<10%).
How to Apply
Please apply online: https://www4.recruitingcenter.net/Clients/popcouncil/PublicJobs/controller.cfm?jbaction=JobProfile&Job_Id=10339&esid=az.
Deadline – N/A