Horizon started out in 2003 with a narrow focus on oil and gas in Russia. Our idea was to go deeper into the key issues that affected energy investors and explain the way things actually work. We looked at the fundamental questions that we continue to address today: who are the real decision-makers for oil and gas? What do they want from IOCs? What do the political elites who control the sector think of specific foreign firms? And how can an IOC build a strategy that will succeed within a politically driven environment?
Over the last 13 years, we’ve expanded our coverage to over 30 countries around the world, from Iraq and Indonesia to Mexico and Mozambique. We've become trusted advisors to the world's largest energy companies, as well as financial institutions and companies in the mining, logistics, shipping and petrochemicals sectors.
We’re seeking an Associate Editor to join us in New York. The editor will report to our Senior Editor and Head of Research and work with our expert analysts and contributors around the world.
Location – New York, NY
• Edit weekly analyses of political developments worldwide, including in the Middle East, Russia and the former Soviet Union, Africa, Southeast Asia, and Latin America;
• Edit in-depth monthly reports, client briefings and text-heavy maps and visuals;
• Ensure all copy is factually accurate and conforms to the firm’s house style;
• Some administrative duties to help the editorial and research teams, as needed.
• Strong editing, copy editing, writing, fact-checking, and research skills;
• A background in journalism, political science or international relations;
• Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills;
• The ability to multitask and work in a deadline-oriented environment;
• A flexible, positive attitude;
• A sense of humor.
Major pluses include:
• Language skills (particularly Spanish, French, Arabic, Russian, Turkish or Portuguese);
• Demonstrated interest in energy issues, international politics and/or the oil and gas industry.
How to Apply
Please send your resume, along with a cover letter telling us about yourself and your interest in energy politics, to the attention of Cameron Hood at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline – N/A