Transparency International (TI) is the global civil society organization leading the fight against corruption. Through more than 100 Chapters worldwide, including in the US, and an international secretariat in Berlin, Germany, TI raises awareness of the damaging effects of corruption and works with partners in government, business and civil society to develop and implement effective measures to tackle it.
Friends of Transparency International, FOTI, was started by the Transparency International Secretariat (TI-S) in Berlin in 2014 to jumpstart fundraising in the United States. FOTI is an independent, non-profit 501(c)(3) entity with its own Board of Directors.
Location – New York, NY
Friends of Transparency International is seeking to continue its development by hiring a full time fundraiser, with the ambition to grow the team further. This position will report directly to FOTI’s board and work closely with the TI-Secretariat, TI’s local U.S. Chapter (TI-USA), and the TI movement as a whole in order to mobilize resources from U.S. donors for anticorruption efforts worldwide.
The fundraiser’s main role is to secure financial resources for the global Transparency International movement from the US market. The position will particularly focus on Foundation targets, along with High Net Worth Individuals and the Private Sector.
- Develop, implement and monitor a US fundraising strategy for the TI movement
- Grow income from Foundations, HNWIs and Private Sector donors in accordance with set targets and in coordination with the TI-Secretariat Head of Trusts, Foundations and HNWIs and the Head of Private Sector Donors
- Represent the TI movement and its key fundraising priorities to US based donors
- Build and implement effective and successful partnerships with donor targets
- Broker relationships between the individual TI Chapters and specific US based donors
- Advise the TI movement on US donor engagement strategies, including on tax efficient giving
- Support and fully engage in the exchange of learning and expertise within a community of fundraising practice across TI-S and the Movement
- In cooperation with TI-S Resource Development and other TI-S functions, manage and administer FOTI to be compliant with relevant U.S. laws
- Undergraduate university degree or professional qualification in social science, public policy or administration, marketing, business administration, international relations, or other relevant fields
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in resource development of which at least 5 years focusing on the US market
- Demonstrable success in securing significant support from Foundations, HNWIs and Private Sector
- Knowledge of, or considerable interest in, the work of Transparency International and the field of anti-corruption
- Entrepreneurial spirit and proven track record in working independently
- Fluency in English
- Extensive strategic leadership skills
- Extensive social and intercultural skills
- Willingness to travel
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should submit, preferably via email, a cover letter and CV in English (in one pdf-file) to Ronald Visser, TI-S Director Institutional Donor Partnerships, to: FOTIFundraisingJob@transparency.org.
Deadline – June 29, 2016