Founded in 1949, The American Turkish Society is America's oldest not-for-profit organization seeking to enhance economic, diplomatic, educational and cultural ties between Turkey and the United States.
The Society convenes leaders in government, business, and civil society to discuss and advance U.S.-Turkish relations; fosters understanding and cooperation between the two countries through education, cultural exchange, philanthropy, and networking; informs the American public about Turkey’s current affairs, economy, history, and society; presents and supports programs highlighting Turkish arts and culture; and nurtures the next generation of leaders through its Young Society Leaders program.
Location – 1460 Broadway, Suite 10023, New York, NY
The External Relations Coordinator reports to the Executive Director for External Relations and works closely with The Society's management, Program Coordinator, volunteers and interns. This position is responsible for carrying out daily administrative and external relations related tasks and projects.
Hours: Full-time with some evenings and weekend hours required.
Compensation: Competitive salary. Excellent benefits package consisting of a comprehensive health insurance including a vision/dental plan, 403 (b), generous paid vacation and optional Transit Check program.
- Provide administrative support to ensure a focused and successful external relations program.
- Assist in event planning, including catering, event logistics, VIP/speaker interface, invitation design and production, marketing and development of promotional materials.
- Manage The Society's donor/prospect database and website.
- Develop copy for marketing materials, including event announcements, membership and fundraising appeals, member e-newsletters and assist in managing targeted communications to the various audiences of the American Turkish Society.
- Assist in implementing membership cultivation and retention initiatives.
- Manage the organizational calendar in concert with the Program Coordinator, setting schedules and appointments, and arranging meetings including Board and committee meetings.
- Prepare memos, correspondence, minutes, reports, data, and other materials related to The Society's special projects and the regular operation of the office. Perform other administrative and program duties as necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite is required.
- Possess outstanding writing skills, as well as excellent communication and constituent relationship skills.
- Demonstrated skill in the use of Twitter, Facebook, and other social media outlets.
- Demonstrated proficiency in written and spoken Turkish is essential.
How to Apply
Please e-mail your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com for further consideration. Local inquiries only, please. Relocation expenses are not available.
Deadline – N/A