UK Trade & Investment (UKTI) is the United Kingdom Government’s international business development agency. UKTI is charged with transatlantic trade development between the UK and the US, and with assisting US companies looking to invest in the UK. (See www.ukti.gov.uk for further information.)
UKTI USA works closely with UKTI Headquarters in London, together with representatives of the three Devolved Administrations of Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales, and other departmental agencies in the UK. UKTI aims to drive transatlantic trade and foreign investment into the UK. Made up of 120 members of staff spread across 9 different offices, this is a dynamic team that focuses on various sectors including financial services, life sciences, digital and creative media, security, and clean technology.
Location - 845 3rd Avenue, New York, NY 10022
This is an opportunity to join a vibrant and high performing team that focuses on fostering transatlantic business relations. The role focuses primarily on trade activity, supporting UK companies, in the financial, professional and business services sector, looking to expand to the USA. Based in New York City, the successful applicant will be a part of the largest UKTI team in the US. This 20 person team is responsible for the North-Eastern region. The successful applicant will engage with clients and stakeholders in New York, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, and New Jersey.
The Financial, Professional & Business Services sector spans a number of industries including: fintech, retail and investment banking, fund management, insurance, capital markets, legal, accounting, management consulting, and other business services.
The British Embassy Network offers a strong benefits package. This package includes medical, dental, vision, life, long-term and short-term disability insurance, a 401(k) retirement savings plan, generous vacation and leave time, and an enriching training package.
The target salary for this position is $47,600 annualized. Salary will be confirmed upon offer of employment. Individuals who are not US taxpaying citizens will be paid a net salary based on a simulated US tax status.
Under US State Department requirements, the Embassy may only employ, as non-diplomatic staff, persons who are US citizens, US Green Card holders or A Visa holders. If you hold a Visa other than an A Visa you are not currently eligible to work at the Embassy.
- Conduct research and compile reports on industry developments, best routes to market and potential US business partners for UK companies operating in the Financial, Professional & Business Services sector that are looking to enter the US market. A large amount of time will be working with UK fintech companies looking to partner with US financial services companies.
- Assist in the management of client relationships and build and manage a database of key contacts in the industry.
- Assist and manage initiatives such as incoming trade missions, industry focused seminars, panel discussions, receptions and other events to promote the UK’s strengths in the FPBS sector.
- Provide operational and administrative support to Sector Lead by maintaining CRM, project management databases, and acting as a point of contact for enquiries.
- Build and maintain knowledge of developments and trends in the US Financial, Professional & Business Services Sector.
- Identify and track potential US high level export opportunities and communicate them to UK companies.
- Ability to use a variety of online and social media tools.
- Represent the Consulate and/or UKTI at networking events.
- Assist the wider New York team in the delivery of other industry events and seminars.
- During quiet periods, support the Financial, Professional & Business Services BDA in the wider team on identifying new US companies that are interested in establishing a UK business presence.
- Assist with consular support services in times of crisis.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in relevant field.
- 1-3 years professional experience in international business, preferably with a proven track record of fostering business relationships.
- Ability and credibility to deal with companies/organizations at a senior level in person and over the phone, with a proven track record of fostering business relationships.
- Excellent research and report writing skills – with an ability to provide clear, concise summaries and to respond to ad hoc requests at short notice using databases and other information sources.
- Proactive self-starter, able to prioritize and effectively manage multiple tasks.
- Attention to detail and good follow up discipline.
- Strong and enthusiastic networking skills.
- Committed team player.
- Comfortable with initiating and handling introductory calls to relevant companies.
- Knowledge of the business environments in the UK and US.
- Excellent organizational skills; proactive approach to work.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team and often under tight deadlines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point) is essential.
- Ability to undertake occasional travel within the US and the UK; ability to attend morning and evening events.
How to Apply
Resume and a cover letter with salary history should be submitted by 9 December.
Please apply at https://careers-britishgovernment-northamerica.icims.com/jobs/1854/business-development-associate%3a-financial-professional-business-services/job
Deadline – December 9th, 2015