The European Liberal Forum asbl (ELF), the political foundation of the ALDE Party, is recruiting a full-time Programme Officer to join its secretariat in Brussels.
Job Responsibilities and Tasks
- Monitor and analyse European political developments;
- Control ELF activities across Europe;
- Assist in the drafting and editing of programmes and publications;
- Develop and maintain relationships with liberal stakeholders, NGOs and other stakeholders in Europe;
- Organize and participate in conferences, panel discussions and other policy events;
- Develop and raise visibility of ELF, including the social media profile.
- Master’s degree in European Studies, Political Science or related disciplines;
- Excellent research, analytical and organisational skills;
- English mother tongue or equivalent. Good knowledge of French and/or German is a plus;
- Ability to network and build relationships with outside organisations;
- Ability to work in a small team and under pressure and to tight deadlines;
- Flexible and self-organised;
- Affinity with liberal ideas.
ELF is offering a 2-year contract with possibility of extension. Starting date as soon as possible. Salary depending on experience.
CV and short cover letter in English should be sent to Susanne Hartig, Executive Director of the European Liberal Forum, preferably by email to email@example.com or by regular mail to the European Liberal Forum, Square de Meeûs 40, 1000 Brussels.
Closing date for receipt of applications: Monday, 24 August 2015.