Women for Women International supports the most marginalized women in countries affected by conflict and war. Our twelve -month training program allows women to earn and save money, improve health and well-being, influence decisions in their home and community, and connect to networks for support. By utilizing skills, knowledge, and resources, women are able to create sustainable change for themselves, their families, and their communities.
Since 1993, Women for Women International has helped nearly 447,000 marginalized women in countries affected by war and conflict. We directly work with women in 6 countries offering support, tools, and access to life-changing skills to move from crisis and poverty to stability and economic self-sufficiency.
Location – Washington DC
The Spring 2017 Communications Intern will assist the Communications Department by researching supporting essential functions of the team. The intern will contribute to specific projects under the supervision of Communications Director. The internship will require 15-20 hours per week; a $10 daily stipend will be provided.
This is an excellent opportunity for graduate students looking to obtain additional experience in the not-for-profit space, and the inner workings on an international nonprofit grassroots women’s development organization.
- Contribute ideas and content to telling the important story of our organization (ie: writing blogs and helping to develop other communications materials);
- In coordination and supervision of Communications Director, suggest content for social media accounts;
- Support logistical details of event planning and day-of coordination;
- Conduct background research for current and future Communications Projects;
- Identify upcoming editorial and speaking opportunities;
- Flag, research and report current Communications industry trends and tools;
- Represent WfWI externally at events around DC area;
- Liaise with other departments such as marketing, development and communications; and as needed;
- Participate in Communications team meetings, and conduct follow-up.
- Undergraduate or Graduate student in Communications, Journalism, international development or a related field (Master’s preferred);
- Strong research and critical thinking skills;
- Ability to work interdependently and communicate with people;
- Experience working in an office environment.
How to Apply
Apply at https://careers-womenforwomen.icims.com/jobs/1196/communications-intern/job?mobile=false&width=926&height=500&bga=true&needsRedirect=false&jan1offset=-300&jun1offset=-240
Deadline – N/A