The Economist Group is the leading source of analysis on international business and world affairs. We deliver our information through a range of formats, from newspapers and magazines to conferences and electronic services. What ties us together is the objectivity of our opinion, the originality of our insight and our advocacy of economic and political freedom around the world.
As the research and analysis division of the Economist Group, The Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) helps leaders prepare for opportunity, empowering them to act with confidence when making strategic decisions. The EIU is the global standard in providing quality, actionable intelligence to the public and private sector, assessing issues that impact the marketplace for over two hundred countries.
Currently, we are recruiting a Research Analyst, Latin America, who will be responsible for the production and quality of part of the EIU's product range covering specific countries in Latin America and the Caribbean under the supervision of the Regional Manager.
Location – New York, NY
- Prepare and update economic and political forecasts for a range of countries in Latin America and the Caribbean
- Produce daily analysis of economic and political developments for a business audience
- Contribute to cross-country and regional research and analysis
- Engage regularly with clients to present new analysis and research and resolve customer queries as needed
- Assist the EIU sales team in promoting EIU products
- Commission and manage contributors. Edit submissions in line with The Economist Intelligence Unit style guide
- Relevant degree in economics, politics, international relations or a related subject. Ideally Master’s degree (or equivalent)
- Experience in writing political and economic reports for a business audience
- Knowledge of macroeconomics and economic forecasting
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Knowledge of regional political and economic trends
- The ability to time manage effectively and keep on top of political and economic developments across a wide range of countries
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent organization skills
- Personal pride in producing output at high quality
- The ability to be a good team player with a collaborative approach
- Strong communication skills to articulate persuasively and clearly about the region
How to Apply
Please apply online at https://careers-economist.icims.com/jobs/3379/research-analyst%2c-latin-america/job?mobile=false&width=1077&height=500&bga=true&needsRedirect=false&jan1offset=-300&jun1offset=-240.
Deadline – N/A