Founded by President Dwight D. Eisenhower in 1956, Sister Cities International is a nonpartisan 501(c)(3) nonprofit which serves as the national membership organization for individual sister cities, counties, and states across the U.S. This network unites tens of thousands of citizen diplomats and volunteers in 545 communities with over 2,100 partnerships in 145 countries on six continents.
Location – Washington DC
The intern will assist the Communications Director and Communications Coordinator in a variety of projects related to member communications, public relations, media, research, and website management. Applicants should have an academic background or previous experience in media, research, writing, and social media.
- Research trends and activities in the sister city network.
- Draft blog posts for the Sister Cities International website.
- Archive and classify press articles.
- Research media organizations, create press lists, draft press releases, and pitch to the media.
- Edit online and print materials.
- Monitor member communications and generate events lists for publication.
- Assist with Sister Cities International's social media campaigns.
- Assist Conference and Events Manager with event related tasks such as pre-conference marketing, registration, and on-site support.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate or graduate student with availability to work 20 hours per week.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required.
- Ability to conduct quality research and effectively report on findings.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- Previous internship experience in research, writing, or communications preferred.
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop and InDesign a plus.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Experience in customer service a plus.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and two writing samples to email@example.com with "Fall 2015 Communications and Research Internship" in the subject line. Weekly schedule as well as start/end dates are flexible. No phone calls please.
Deadline – N/A