The Institute of International Education (IIE) is among the world’s largest and most experienced international exchange organizations, dedicated to increasing the capacity of people to think and work on a global and intercultural basis. Founded in 1919 as an independent, non-profit organization, IIE is committed to delivering program excellence to a diverse range of participants, sponsors and donors.
For more than 90 years, IIE has promoted educational exchange around the world. The Institute currently implements more than 200 programs benefiting over 35,000 men and women from 185 nations. Foremost among these programs is the world-renowned Fulbright Program, which IIE has had the honor to administer on behalf of the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA) since the program’s inception in 1946. In addition to the U.S. Department of State, program sponsors include: the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID); World Bank; major philanthropic foundations; private and public corporations; foreign governments; and individuals.
Location – 809 United Nations Plaza, New York, NY 10017
The Fulbright Program is the flagship international educational exchange program sponsored by the U.S. government and is designed to increase mutual understanding between the people of the United States and the people of other countries. The Fulbright Program operates in over 160 countries worldwide. Approximately 8,000 grants are awarded annually. Since its inception in 1946, more than 360,000 Fulbrighters have participated in the program.
The Fulbright Student Program Outreach team is responsible for the recruitment to the U.S. Student Program, print / digital media and publications, and press for the Fulbright Student program.
The Assistant Director, Outreach and Publicity is a new position with the dynamic Fulbright Outreach and Publicity team. This position is an exceptional opportunity for someone with fantastic team and project management skills and proven experience with social media marketing strategy. The position focuses on four key areas: day-to-day management of the Fulbright Student Outreach Division; ensuring that key milestones and deliverables are met; managing two to three direct reports; and responding to time sensitive ad hoc reports as requested by the sponsor or IIE senior management.
- Supervise day-to-day activities of the Fulbright Student Outreach program; ensure key milestones/deliverables are met internally and externally.
- Assist with development and oversight of program budget of approximately $350,000.
- Serve as main contact for Sponsor and IIE senior management requests for information and data.
- Provide support as needed for outreach projects; ensure rapid results and efficient communication with different stakeholders of the Program.
- Work closely with Director to identify annual strategy and action plan for division.
- Work with other IIE departments
- Represent Fulbright to stakeholders of the Fulbright program internally and externally
- Support development of outreach and alumni strategy.
- Support outreach efforts with Fulbright Student special initiatives (National Geographic, Clinton, Fogarty and mtvU).
- Responsible for complying with applicable contract and sponsor requirements and following all IIE policies and procedures.
- Guide individual performance via timely feedback and support for up to three direct reports. Make recommendations to Division Director concerning employment, termination, performance evaluations, salary actions, and other personnel actions.
- Train team on all policy and program updates; identify appropriate training and development opportunities.
- Prioritize, organize, distribute, and coordinate the flow of work. Assess workload based on priorities and level of complexity.
- Responsible for hiring, training, and managing a high performing team.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Masters preferred.
- At least seven years of experience in related fields required, including 5 – 7 years of formal people and project management experience; three years of digital marketing strategy experience preferred.
- Experience working in higher education setting preferred.
- Experience in various different social media platforms.
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills, with superior attention to detail.
- Ability to develop creative, effective approaches to difficult challenges.
- Ability to use quantitative data and metrics to drive editorial decisions and marketing activities as well as to present information to stakeholders.
- Ability to create and make public presentations.
- Ability to work well with others in a collaborative team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Excellent customer service skills required.
How to Apply
Please apply online at https://iie.hua.hrsmart.com/hrsmart/ats/Posting/view/1599.
Deadline – N/A