The International Association of Women Judges (IAWJ) is a non-profit, non-government organization of more than 4,600 members at all judicial levels in more than 75 countries. Founded in 1991, the IAWJ unites women judges from diverse legal-judicial systems who share a commitment to equal justice and the rule of law. Through pioneering judicial education programs and worldwide collaboration, the IAWJ is working to advance human rights, eliminate discrimination on the basis of gender and make courts accessible to all.
Location – Washington DC
The IAWJ is seeking a highly motivated member to our team to help design and lead IAWJ’s international communications and to support fundraising efforts. The Communications and Development Officer will be primarily responsible for the design, development, and implementation of the organizations communication strategies and tools to increase engagement with members, external audiences, and potential and current funders. The officer will support the Executive Director in fundraising plans, including, but not limited to annual giving, major individual and corporate gifts, sponsorships, corporate and foundation grants, and special fundraising events. The officer will report to the Executive Director and also work closely with the Director of Finance and Administration.
- Develop, implement and evaluate an integrated annual communications plan that includes leveraging the website, social media, email, and other targeted outreach to members and other audiences in collaboration with IAWJ staff.
- Lead the generation of messaging content that engages audience segments and leads to measurable action. Content formats include email, newsletter, article, press release, and website.
- Put communications vehicles in place to create momentum and awareness of IAWJ’s members, expertise, services and activities.
- Coordinate webpage maintenance–ensure that new and consistent information (article links, stories and events) is posted regularly. Monitor and report on website visitor statistics.
- Maintain social media networks. Track and measure the level of engagement within the networks over time.
- Monitor and respond to incoming inquiries about IAWJ and its services.
- Perform donor and prospect research on individuals, corporations and foundations.
- Assist in the development of donor communications (e.g. brochures, newsletters, appeals, special events).
- Support the submission of funding requests (e.g. compiling necessary documents, mailing application package).
- Organize and maintain development records, office files and other materials.
Membership Development and Retention:
- Develop and manage strategies and systems for acquiring members and participate in efforts to engage members in programs and services
- Help promote the value of membership in outreach efforts and through attendance at affiliate events and IAWJ meetings
- Develop member materials and assist other staff and managers with projects related to membership
- Coordinate member needs assessment and help tie programs to identified needs
- Help develop membership communications and marketing materials for promoting the value of membership and reports on the results of these efforts
- Refine and administer the renewal processes and procedures for all categories of membership
- Develop member service standards and handles member issues directly by providing timely customer service
- Coordinate with the finance manager the invoicing and processing of annual dues of individuals and national chapters/associations.
- Work closely with conference organizers on membership registration for the IAWJ biennial international conference.
- Bachelor’s degree plus two years of communications experience
- Ability to speak, read, and write in English and Spanish required. Fluency in French also is a plus.
- Strong skills in leadership, problem-solving, time management, and communication
- Strong interpersonal/relationship building skills
- Experience in cultivating, soliciting and stewardship of donors
- Computer proficiency – Windows/MS Office to include high level of MS Excel advanced knowledge, WordPress, donor management
- Well-disciplined self-starter, able to manage multiple projects and achieve goals
- Nonprofit human service experience a plus
How to Apply
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, salary history, writing sample, and names of references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline – N/A