IREX is an international nonprofit organization providing thought leadership and innovative programs to promote positive lasting change globally. We enable local individuals and institutions to build key elements of a vibrant society: quality education, independent media, and strong communities. To strengthen these sectors, our program activities also include conflict resolution, technology for development, gender, and youth. Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of over $70 million and a staff of over 400 professionals worldwide. IREX employs field-tested methods and innovative uses of technologies to develop practical and locally-driven solutions with our partners in more than 125 countries.
Location: Washington, DC
IREX seeks a Senior Program Officer for its Education Programs Division. The Senior Program Officer will manage the development and implementation of a new initiative to strengthen innovative STEM teaching and education in Africa and the United States. The Senior Program Officer will report to the Project Director
- Provide overall project management, including work plan, program budget, and reporting;
- Manage recruitment and selection of program participants;
- Design, manage, and facilitate virtual and in-person program components, including virtual meetings, training sessions, workshops, and a student competition;
- Draft curriculum and training materials for in-service teachers;
- Identify program partners, develop and implement agreements with partners, and oversee implementation and deliverables;
- Develop program monitoring and evaluation plan, analyzing results to inform program implementation and impact;
- Assist in the technical design and development of special projects as needed;
- Monitor and ensure compliance with donor requirements.
- Minimum 5 years of progressive experience in international project management;
- Experience developing and implementing virtual training and international educational exchange programs strongly preferred;
- Experience designing STEM curriculum content for secondary teachers preferred;
- Experience planning and implementing workshops, and experience procuring and working with consultants;
- Experience designing and implementing monitoring and evaluation plans and analyzing data;
- Experience developing, monitoring, and projecting budgets per program design and implementation;
- Experience managing complex projects which require strong organizational, time management, and administrative skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills; demonstrated ability to build and grow networks;
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, flexibility, and informed decision making;
- Strong technical writing skills, and
- Experience and/or knowledge of education systems in the United States and/or Africa preferred.
How to apply
Go to http://www.irex.org/careers/all-positions then click on the corresponding position and apply through our website. Please supply a resume and a cover letter with your application.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE