GlobalGiving is the first and largest global crowdfunding community that connects nonprofits, donors, and companies in nearly every country around the world. We make it possible for local organizations to access the tools, training, and support they need to become more effective at making our world a better place.
Location: Washington, DC
Do you want your work to make a positive impact on the world? Do you enjoy working with people who represent a variety of perspectives and cultures? Do you want to collaborate with a group of colleagues who are committed to excellent work – and having fun while doing so (we have food cook-offs!)? If so, we want to hear from you!
We are looking for a Senior Program Associate to focus on supporting GlobalGiving’s nonprofit partners through first line communications and ensuring a positive user experience and user interface. The successful candidate will lead the team that provides first line support to nonprofit partners, together working to improve the systems and processes that GlobalGiving uses to answer nonprofit partner questions, resolve issues, and enhance information accessibility.
Benefits include flexible work hours, a convenient downtown DC location, and a meaningful job where you can go home at night and say, "Today, I supported a nonprofit that is working to provide housing for 25 girls in Mumbai’s red light district." (One of many true stories.) And don't worry - we've also got the usual benefits like health care, dental/vision, commuter benefits, 401K, etc.
- Manage support processes designed to “wow” our nonprofit partners in more than 160 countries around the world.
- Drive improvements in the policies, systems, and processes that create a positive experience for GlobalGiving nonprofit partners, including website, Salesforce, and phone.
- Recruit, train and manage two Program Team Fellows.
- Ensure timely response to nonprofit partners’ questions, comments, and feedback.
- Continually improve systems and communications to increase nonprofit partner satisfaction.
- Create communications, including blog posts and newsletter content relevant to informing nonprofit partners of product and policy changes and improvements.
- Work in collaboration with the Operations and Product teams to enhance the user experience and user interface for nonprofit partners.
- Participate on GlobalGiving’s impact measurement team as the primary representative of the voice of GlobalGiving nonprofit partners.
- Ensure GlobalGiving’s Program Team achieves consistency of voice and brand in communications with nonprofit partners by collaborating closely with our Marketing and Communications team.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, management, communications, international development, or related field;
- Minimum of two years of relevant work experience;
- Experience in constituent relations, customer service, client support, and/or similar beneficiary-facing role is a strong plus;
- Ability to multi-task under a deadline, with great productivity and attention to detail;
- Strong project management skills;
- Excellent oral and written interpersonal and communications skills, particularly cross-cultural and web-based;
- Comfort working within and improving systems;
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment with significant public exposure;
- Familiarity with systems designed to manage workflow and relationships with individuals and organizations;
- Excellent organizational skills, creativity, and flexibility;
- Comfort with quantitative and qualitative data, a strong plus; and
- International experience, preferably in developing countries, is a strong plus.
- Strong alignment with and commitment to living GlobalGiving’s core values.
This is a full time position located in Washington, D.C. Salary range will depend on skill and experience.
How to Apply
Apply online through the GlobalGiving website.