- 3 years relevant work experience
Must be able to communicate effectively in writing and verbally both internally, and to clients and external agencies. Must also be able to represent Catholic Charities and MRS at conferences, trainings, and meetings in the community.
- Must be a proactive player and create a cooperative and positive relationship with clients and anchors.
- Must be able to assist clients to solve difficult problems under pressure.
- Must be able to consistently work towards self-sufficiency with all clients and reflect the mission and the goals of the agency with minimal day-to-day supervision.
- Should be able to work independently when needed but may also seek guidance from the resettlement coordinator.
Must attend regular supervision meetings, case consultations, and assist with the development of crisis mitigation strategies. Also, the case manager must be prepared to assist with annual projections and reports by providing timely and accurate data.
- Must be able to keep informed of the social services policies and practices in all counties and localities where the case manager is active.
- Manage own learning and identify trainings and seminars that would be beneficial to self and other staff.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Office products.