International Student Exchange Program (ISEP) is a worldwide network of post-secondary institutions cooperating to provide international educational experiences for their students.
Through reciprocal exchange and other innovative and cost-effective approaches, students have access to affordable, high quality study abroad programs as an integral part of their education.
ISEP offers students a diverse range of sites and programs that combine opportunities for intellectual and personal growth with immersion in another culture.
Location: Arlington, VA
The Program Officer, Asia serves as primary resource for counseling students on program offerings in China, Fiji, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, and Vietnam, and students from these countries for placement in the United States. The Program Officer conducts outreach and engagement activities with students and coordinators for retention of applicants, and works within and across departments to ensure successful international experiences and learning outcomes for students.
1. Student Services and Success
- Conducts advising, outreach, and engagement activities with students to increase applicant retention and student satisfaction
- Responds to inquiries in a timely manner from coordinators and students at member institutions regarding programs and availability of space
- Manages communications with students regarding academic and logistical matters
- Serves as ongoing contact regarding the student experience and follows up on student issues as needed
- Supports initiatives to strengthen program delivery (e.g., curriculum integration)
2. Coordinator and Member Relations
- Provides support during and following study abroad period and responds to crisis situations
- Serves as primary point of contact for coordinators from member institutions in designated countries regarding student matters
- Cooperates in coordinator training, workshops and mentoring
- Conducts site visits in the US and abroad
3. Communications and Outreach
- Collects, reviews, and edits membership profile and program information (Institutional Information Sheets, Member Directory entries, etc.)
- Conducts pre-departure orientations and ISEP Live/Google Hangout sessions
- Provides input and collaborates on creation of educational materials to ensure student success
- Serves as Alternate Responsible Officer for SEVIS
- Completes necessary processes and provides necessary documentation for international student employment authorization and academic training
5. Program Development
- Assists International Regional Director in new program development as needed, and performs other duties as assigned
Education BA required; MA in relevant subject area preferred.
- 2-3 years relevant work experience
- Travel, study and/or work experience abroad
Skills & Characteristics
- Foreign language skills in Japanese preferred; study abroad or work experience in Asia
- Understanding of the cultures and educational systems of Asian countries and of U.S. higher education
- Excellent cross-cultural communication and organizational skills
- Strong customer service and student relations skills
- Ability to handle detail and prioritize workload; ability to work as a team member as well as independently
ISEP is an equal opportunity employer and abides by all federal and state laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of sex, color, religion, race, national origin, age, marital status, disability, medical condition, and veteran status.
How to Apply
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Deadline: November 16, 2015