PSI is a leading global health organization with programs targeting malaria, child survival, HIV and reproductive health. Working in partnership within the public and private sectors, and harnessing the power of the markets, PSI provides life-saving products, clinical services and behavior change communications that empower the world's most vulnerable populations to lead healthier lives.
Location – Washington, DC
PSI seeks a Program Assistant (PA) to support program management functions in the Asia and Eastern Europe department. The PA will have wide ranging responsibilities and work with PSI staff at all levels both in Washington and overseas. The position requires flexibility and willingness to assume varied duties and projects with an emphasis on administrative tasks. This position is based in Washington, D.C. and reports to the Senior Program Manager for Asia and Eastern Europe.
- Assist in tracking and analyzing health performance data of region and country programs
- Perform biweekly reviews of project and labor budgets utilizing PSI's Lawson accounting system
- Assist with proposal budget and notes development and re-alignment of existing budgets
- Provide dynamic and proactive administrative support to the Regional Support Team
- Organize departmental events such as meetings, retreats, and team building activities Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to selecting and securing a venue, coordinating departmental schedules, and liaising with appropriate staff to develop an agenda
- Assist with travel arrangements for AEE staff including: helping to secure travel visas, making hotel reservations and scheduling airport pick-ups for visitors to D.C.
- Maintain the existing departmental information management system of filing, classifying, and tracking country-specific documentation, update and maintain internal knowledge exchange online forums, design innovative ways to manage knowledge and information tracking needs
- Prepare and/or edit presentations, proposals, and reports for the region
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree
- At least one year experience working in a fast paced office environment
- Experience living outside the United States and in multicultural environments preferred
- Advanced computer skills (MS Office applications, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills with special attention to detail and timeliness
- Proven ability to develop routines to manage large workloads and organize work efficiently
- Readiness to interact with a variety of people and assume diverse duties and tasks
How to Apply
Please apply online at www.psi.org.
Deadline – N/A