The Corporation for Enterprise Development (CFED) is a 35-year-old national nonpartisan organization advancing policies and programs that empower low- and moderate-income households to build and preserve assets and achieve the American Dream, including buying a home, pursuing higher education, starting a business and saving for the future. As a leading source for data about household financial security and policy solutions, CFED understands what families need to succeed. We promote programs on the ground and invest in social enterprises that create pathways to financial security and opportunity for millions of people.
Location – Washington, DC
CFED is seeking an Accounting Assistant in our Washington, DC office to maintain accountability for our accounts payable, accounts receivable and G/L reconciliation processes, and to contribute to ongoing financial analyses. Reporting to our Senior Accountant, the Accounting Assistant will complete a variety of routine and complex tasks on a daily and periodic basis to support CFED’s accounting and finance functions.
Our successful candidate will thrive on open collaboration, intellectual curiosity, an energetic, entrepreneurial approach to challenges, an upbeat, collegial environment, and hard work and drive toward fulfilling CFED’s mission of expanding economic opportunity for all Americans.
- Administer the accounts payable process, to include maintaining vendor and contracts records, assisting project teams with coding and status questions , validating proper authorizations, allocations and backup information, preparing payments; and reconciling payables to the general ledger
- Prepare and submit customer and funder invoices, and process receipts
- Support accurate and timely month-end close; gather information; develop and maintain schedules; prepare allocation entries for certain expenses including salaries, benefits, rent, copier, postage ; and perform general ledger reconciliations as assigned
- Update monthly time allocation/tracking system; Assist finance staff in the reconciliation of grant activities in support of revenue release
- Maintain tracking system for consultants and subcontractors and verify valid contracts on file before invoices are released for payment
- Prepare assigned audit schedules and related backup materials
- Assist with preparation of various schedules, reports, etc. as requested; conduct research and gather data in response to inquiries from internal and external sources
- Provide administrative support to the Chief Financial Officer, to include scheduling meetings, completing expense reports, drafting documents, updating presentations, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or a related field, or equivalent combination of education and work experience required. Applications from currently enrolled seniors accepted
- Strong technical aptitude; must demonstrate working knowledge of MS Excel and MS PowerPoint
- Appropriate interpersonal skills; must be able to interact with credibility and engender confidence among staff at all levels of the organization; high service orientation required
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize, manage details from multiple sources, and consistently meet deadlines
- Demonstrable history of being self-directed and capable of rapidly learning new assignments
To apply, please submit your resume online. CFED is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that diversity of background and perspective are strengths, and seek to continue to grow a diverse, highly committed, skilled, and collaborative staff.
How to Apply
Apply at http://cfed.org/about/team/careers/.
Deadline – N/A