World Connect is a U.S. based non-profit organization working internationally to promote development by launching grassroots projects that improve health, the environment, and economic and educational opportunity for women and children in developing countries. World Connect promotes global citizenship at home by engaging young Americans in raising awareness and funds for its international projects, cultivating the next generation of service-minded Americans. World Connect has launched over 1,000 projects in 25 countries that have impacted more than 100,000 individuals worldwide.
Location – 6 Barclay Street, 6th Floor, New York, NY 10007
The Program Assistant will support the launch, management, monitoring and evaluation, and communications around World Connect's international project portfolio. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of international issues, project management skills, and experience with WordPress and social media platforms.
International Project Development and Implementation Support:
- Process grant applications and support the review and evaluation of grant applications and project pitches
- Routinely process and review progress and final project reports and report on results to internal and external audiences
- Maintain regular correspondence with project partners around the world and respond to inquiries received regarding new project development
- Provide technical assistance and support for project leaders and their partner agencies around the world
- Prepare and publish content on projects for World Connect's website, social media, and email newsletters
- Manage the organization's project management database
- Collect and analyze international project data and prepare for use in promotional materials, publications, and other reports
- Speak at events on behalf of the organization
- Reach out to new constituencies to cultivate new collaborations and partnerships
Support for General Organization Administration:
- Support organizational fundraising activities by conducting donor research and supporting the development of grant proposals and solicitations, as needed
- Support website content development, social media content development, and keep a finger on the pulse of relevant literature, articles, events, conferences, and trending news related to World Connect's spheres of activity, as needed
- Support World Connect's outreach, engagement, and Kids Connect activities, as needed
- Other tasks, as assigned
The Program Assistant will be mission-driven, team oriented and have a can-do approach in supporting the growth of an innovative non-profit organization in a variety of ways. Candidates should possess excellent analytical skills, have strong planning and project management skills, excellent time management skills, interpersonal skills, and be dedicated to helping promote global development.
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally
- Bachelor's degree required
- Language skills a plus and experience with international issues important
- Excellent word processing, web research, and technical skills required
- Experience with WordPress, MailChimp, HTML coding, and video editing a plus
- Team spirit a must!
How to Apply
To apply please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate "Program Assistant_Your Name" in subject line.
Deadline – N/A