American Friends of the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation (AFAvH) is the professional partner of the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation (AvH) in the United States. The Alexander von Humboldt Foundation of Germany promotes academic cooperation between excellent scientists and scholars from abroad and from Germany.
Location – Washington DC
American Friends seeks two enthusiastic interns to assist the office staff in promotions, fundraising, and program development. The interns will closely support the American Friends staff in keeping the database up-to-date, developing the American Friends online presence (website, social media, and blog platform), and conducting background research to support the development and planning of programs and activities related to global science, science policy, and transatlantic relations. Duties will also include general administrative tasks and other ad hoc projects.
This is a paid, part-time internship, approximately 10-12 hours/week (flexible), at $11.50 per hour. The internship begins in August 2016 and ends December 2016, with a chance to extend the position. Work hours and start/end date are flexible. American Friends is an equal opportunity employer.
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience with data entry and database management tools
- Competency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong writing skills
- Good organizational skills and ability to multitask
- Ability to work independently and function in a small team environment
- Familiarity with social media and online research
· Experience and interest in nonprofit organizations
- Experience with the SalesForce database platform
- Experience with WordPress
- Interest in transatlantic relations and science policy
- German language skills
- Undergraduate and graduate students in German, communications, or international relations are encouraged to apply. Other majors will be considered based on experience.
How to Apply
To apply: Please email a cover letter, resume, and two references to firstname.lastname@example.org by COB Wednesday, August 10th, 2016. No telephone calls please.
Deadline – August 10, 2016.